Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Harry Teinowitz returns

I was listening to the afternoon show on ESPN AM 1000 yesterday and it sounded like they were talking about the return of Harry Teinowitz--but I didn't hear the official announcement. Robert Feder confirms in in his TimeOut Chicago column that they did indeed make that official yesterday...

"For the first time since his suspension following DUI charges in early March, Harry Teinowitz is returning to his afternoon show on ESPN Radio sports/talk WMVP-AM (1000). Co-host Carmen DeFalco told listeners at the start of Tuesday’s show that Teinowitz, 50, would be back on from 2 to 6pm today with DeFalco and co-host John Jurkovic. After his traffic stop and arrest in Skokie, a spokesman for Teinowitz said he was entering a rehabilitation program and hoped to be reinstated after his indefinite suspension."

I admit it. I'm rooting for Harry. I've only met him a few times over the years, but I really do like him.

I'm assuming that the show will never again be called "The Afternoon Saloon."

No comments:

Post a Comment